REQUIREMENTS OF STATE STANDARDS OF UKRAINE FOR THE DESIGN OF MATERIALS SUBMITTED FOR PUBLICATION IN A SCIENTIFIC PROFESSIONAL PUBLICATION
- Category: Rules for authors
- Published on Tuesday, 04 February 2014 13:43
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 293
- Formulas and equations are placed directly after the text in which they are mentioned, in the middle of the page. Above and below each formula and equation is made a space-free line. Formulas and equations are numbered, with the number in parentheses, in the extreme right position of the line. An explanation of the meaning of each symbol and the numerical coefficient of the formula and equation should be given on a new line. Formulas that go together and are not separated by text must be separated by a comma. If the formula does not fit in the line, it can be transferred to the signs =,>, <, +, -, *, or by dotting (…). The sign on which the transfer is repeated at the beginning of the line to which the transferred part of the formula. Transfer to a division sign is not allowed.
- Illustrations should be placed on the text of the article or on separate sheets.
Illustrations are accompanied by the appropriate title, denoted by the abbreviated word "Fig." and serial number.
- Tables are numbered if there is more than one. Numbered and thematic title write at the top right of the table. Thematic title is not repeated over the continuation or completion of the table, if it does not fit on one sheet. Only “Continue Table…” Or “End Table…” is specified.
Consider in detail the most significant changes provided by the new standard:
1. Changed uppercase and lowercase rules. In the list of sources in lowercase write information related to the title (textbook for universities, conference materials, abstracts, textbook, etc.), information on responsibility (ed., order, editor, etc.), for example:
Psychology: textbook for universities. Psychology: a dictionary / resp. ed. Goncharuk P.V.
2. There have been changes in the orthography of punctuation marks! The new standard uses a space in one printed character before and after the attribute: dash (-), slash (/), two slashes (//), colon (:). Exceptions ‒ a period (.) and a comma (,) ‒ spaces are left only after them. Thus, the note of the details of the article by one author from a periodical will be as follows:
Surname and initials of the author. Article title. / full name of the author or initials and surname of the author // Name of the journal. ‒ Year. ‒ №. ‒ Pages.
For example: Volynets I.M. Local lore materials in lessons of foreign literature / I. M. Volynets // Light. - 2002. - № 4. - P. 112–116.
3. Changes have been made to the record of the article by two or more authors: Surname and initials of the first author. Article title. / initials and surname of the first author, initials, surname of the second author // Name of the journal. - Year. - №. - Pages.
4. Algorithm of registration of the article from the electronic edition: Surname and initials of the author. Title of the article [Electronic resource] / full name of the author or initials surname of the author // Name of the journal. ‒ Year. ‒ №. ‒ Access mode: e-mail address where the article is located http://www ...
For example: Kaban L.V. Evaluation of innovation activity of general educational institutions of the region [Electronic resource] / Larysa Vasylivna Kaban // Narodna osvita. ‒ 2007. ‒ Issue 1. ‒ Access mode: http://www.narodnaosvita.kiev.ua/vupysku